[thelist] More Smart Tags

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 12:32:38 CDT 2001

isaac [isaac at members.evolt.org] wrote:

> [...]
===snip===
> Here are some notes from Jakob Nielsen:
===snip===

Frankly I couldn't give a flying f^h^h^h^h damn about what Nielsen has to
say on this - or come to think of it, almost any - issue.

That notwithstanding, Smart Tags are to my mind almost as annoying as that
'thing' that died recently whereby users could download software to view
others' comments on web sites.

If my clients want hyperlinks to other sites on their pages, we'll add them
and not have someone else do the same.

This, of course, means more work in adding the relevant META tag to the
pages, which we'll do as and when we amend/update them anyway.

It's an annoyance caused by Microsoft trying to make more money at our
expense: basically it means we have to opt out of their technology being
applied rather than opting in.

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"