[thelist] IIS, Cookies and html pages

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 15:30:47 CDT 2001

At 1:58 PM -0500 6/28/01, databarn wrote:

>Have a look at
>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/012901-1.shtml ,
>"Creating a Click-Through Tracking System".

Neato solution. I don't know if they want to support a database yet
(the whole thing is flat file - no scripting, no database, nothing.
One or two form handlers is all).

It's mostly a brochure-ware site, but in the future they might get
into some databases and such. The thing is, their ops guys are all
Unix geeks, and the server (for some reason I still can't grok) is a
windows machine.

I suspect that they'll move to *nix  eventually.  Maybe I'll look for
a PHP solution and use that instead - the migration should be easier.

Thanks to all  (Dex, Matt...I owe you again).

bob

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org