[thelist] Certification...[OT]

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jun 29 09:04:32 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "McAtee, Malcolm" <MMcAtee at philamuseum.org>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 2:32 PM
Subject: RE: [thelist] Certification...[OT]

> The company I work for has just hired a guy who claims to be an MCW --
> Microsoft Certified Webmaster.

doesn't exist.  The only kosher MS certifications are MCP, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
and MCT.  However, he may have sat an MCP in FrontPage 98 or Visual Interdev
6.0, or he may have the MCP + Site Building certification (which expires on
June 30, 2002).

But MCW simply doesn't exist - why not phone up MS to confirm - maybe they
can send a confirmatory fax to you and you can then challenge the guy on it
pronto ...

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___ @well.com  William Anderson www.well.com/~neuro
| '_ \ / _ \ | | | '__/ _ \  "The thing I love most about deadlines is the
|_| |_|\___|\__,_|_|  \___/        go past." - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)