[thelist] designed challenged

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Fri Jun 29 15:04:13 CDT 2001

Oh! So you're talking about using high-powered mainframes as client
machines. All this time I thought you were talking about PCs. Guess I
was wrong ;)

Most web designers have to deal with x-platform issues. Bully for you
if you don't, but don't let your bigotry against users of operating
systems cause you to make foolish statements like this - and the one
about "not having to give a crap." You just as easily could have said
"Our product doesn't run on Sparcs or Macs, so we don't have to worry
about these issues." and dispensed with the rubbish qouoted below.

I've never understood why some people have to act so immaturely over
something as simple as computer choice.

-Jake (with a Mac (running OS X), a Win2K PC, and Linux)

>Lol, close...
>
>The real reason is we only need one computer to do the same job thaty it
>takes several macs or sparcs to do.
>
><ducking and running>
>
>Brian W. King

<tip type="cable modems">
My cable modem doesn't like the summer heat. Always have a backup
internet connection if you rely on it for your work. Cheap dialup
access will work great in a pinch. Mindspring offers 20 hrs of dialup
per month with its high-speed services, for just such occasions.
@Home does not, and will try to sell you Worldnet service.

Might be a reason to keep an AOL cd handy?
</tip>