[thelist] SQL, MS Access - ORDER BY date

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Sat Jun 30 09:35:50 CDT 2001

Jon,

  If you set a column as a DATE datatype, you can then use that in your
ORDER BY clause to order your columns.  The format of the date does not
matter, as the date is stored in its own internal format.  You should/can
change the format of the date when you display it in your CF/ASP page.  In
CF, you should use the CreateODBCDate() function to format the date
correctly when you add it into the database:

INSERT INTO MyTable
(MyCuurentDate)
Values
(#CreateODBCDate(Now())#)