[thelist] meta tag for charset=iso-8859-1

Elly elly at mac.com
Sat Jun 30 15:11:33 CDT 2001

>is there a reason not to use this meta tag? --

I used to also not use this for the same reason (heard it was
default), until I discovered if a user sets Netscape 4.x character
set to User-Defined, regardless of what font they set for it's
encoding, it displays the non breaking space character visually,
unless this meta tag is present. Only tested on Mac.
--
Elly

http://www.echozone.com/