[thelist] Log Analysis!

Mike Hardaker mike at angloinfo.com
Sun Jul 1 06:10:21 CDT 2001

> We're getting closer. I know what all these things mean - I'm
> just trying to
> get past the glazed look in people's eyes when I try to explain it.  The
> link you sent is pretty close.....if anyone else can think of the article
> I'm referring to, let me know.  It was more written from a business owners
> perspective, than a technical perspective......real clean and to
> the point.

Though it's more in the nature of a rant than anything :-) you may find:

http://connect.angloinfo.com/cca/byte5.asp

has some stuff you can use - my own humble $0.02-worth on the matter, done
for a relatively obscure magazine...

Mike

<tip type="dangerous assumptions about users">
Don't make assumptions based on the "location" of a user's IP address.
Fench-speaking AOL users all appear to be surfing from Virginia, while lil
ol' English-speaking me uses a French ISP. Please let me *choose* my
language, rather than imposing it on me as AltaVista and Excite do. And If I
choose a non-default language, store it as a cookie so I don't have to go
through the whole damn process every time I use your site.
</tip>

Mike Hardaker
Founder & Publisher
AngloINFO