[thelist] about HTML e-mail

Damien Cola damien.cola at synaptique.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 11:55:22 CDT 2001

> > I found an article in the WebMonkey site
> > (http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/98/08/index3a.html)
> >
> > I had a question, though, about this. There is a part where it
> > explains that the header field of Content-Type: text/plain needs to be
> > changed to Content-Type: text/html, and since most mail agents will not
> > let you modify this field, (I've tried Outlook and Eudora), I need to
> > find a Unix mailer program. I'm working in Mac plataform, but my clients
> > work in Windows 98, and since they'll be the ones sending this html
> > e-mails, I find some trouble in choosing a solution.

> I wonder if anyone has an advice regarding this?

By reding the end of this article you see that the author is saying that
outlook 97 was becoming to integrate the text/html header option. So you bet
that by now every mail program let you send email in HTML format.
The trick is how to embed images, flash, etc.
Basic HTML sending is happening, without senders even knowing it, look for
example evolt.org is filtering HTML email. because we don't want HTML email
on mailing list, it's for people that like to read digests.
in a digest, a html mail appears as the html code: unreadable.