[thelist] Linux flavor

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Jul 4 03:12:03 CDT 2001

Depends on what you're trying to do..

If you want to set up a server based system that has support for Cold
Fusion and Oracle, go Red Hat.. If you're looking for a desktop system,
Mandrake takes the cake.

People used to dump a lot of shit on Red Hat in the past(including me),
but the 7.1 release is really really nice. Putting the Ximian GNOME
desktop on top of Red Hat(and others) is nice for a desktop; almost
comparable with Mandrake. If you're looking for pure performance, go Debian.

Shout if you have any more questions :)

.djc.