[thelist] Site Crit / Online Magazines

DC DC_the_gasman at Bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 4 08:52:28 CDT 2001

>My company currently publishes an e-zine, www.effectivemeetings.com.  We're
>thinking of changing the navigation around to make it a little more user
>friendly (A Good Thing, as I think that the navigation is terrible atm).
>
>I'd like to know if anybody has some time to look at the site and let me
>know what you like, what you don't like, what you'd change, and maybe
>suggestions on how you'd change it.

Wow. The usability of this page is truly astonishing:

      [USEMAP]
      [USEMAP]

      [INLINE]
      [INLINE]

      [LINK]
      [LINK]
      [LINK]
      [LINK]
      [LINK] [LINK]
      [LINK]
      [LINK]

      [LINK]-[USEMAP]  [LINK]  [LINK]  [LINK]

      [LINK]  [LINK]
      (c) 2001 Legal

You have clearly slipped up at the end there - surely you could have
found a way to hide the copyright and the legal link?

*Please* look at these links:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-TECHS/#gl-provide-equivalents
http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign2.html#images

I also looked at the page in a graphical browser and that wasn't much
more helpful. Is it about meetings or movies? Nothing about the page
would make me want to stick around to find out, no matter what
browser I was using.

DC