[thelist] Designing in other languages (German/Japanese)

Schaz schaz at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jul 5 19:42:19 CDT 2001

At 04:31 AM 06/07/01, you wrote:
>Ok then, we were planning on using Berlitz to do the translation of the
>pages, as they do the translations that we use for the other versions of our
>software.
>
>Does anybody have any experience with them? Do they do a word for word
>translation?  or does somebody read it, then re-write it? (I would imaging
>that they have a program that would do the translations which would lead to
>errors in the translation.)

In quite a few of the contracts I've been on we've used the local
university language dept - on one site they used it as a project for honors
students.

 > 1) Let the translation be done by somebody who speaks
> > the target language natively.

)O(
Giggles & Moonbeams
Schaz

- Get a taste for religion, Lick a Witch!

Please click on the sites below - they need your help!
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
http://www.thehungersite.com
http://www.therainforestsite.com
http://www.thekidsaidssite.com