[thelist] cable internet and web TV

Marcus J. Coles mar at asitis.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 09:19:30 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any views on content for cable tv etc.
I've nearly always stuck to using 580 wide table as the base of pages,
mostly because I never liked the 'portal' principle (too much info freaks me
out) and you are guaranteed that it will print fine on an A4 page from both
NN and IE and also because I think people who are looking for info on the
web are probably doing something else in another window.   But now I've just
realised that these sites also display well on ntl's cable internet here in
th UK.  So as I said I wondered if anyone had any views on content for same
and any knowledge of the restrictions that cable decoders may have on
content, they dont render flash yet thats for certain ...and also what of MS
webTV as its not in the UK as far as I know ...

Thanks

Mar