[thelist] [ASP] Database update email notification

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sat Jul 7 15:43:49 CDT 2001

At 10:04 AM 7/7/2001, you wrote:

>APPLICABLE CODE (from processing page):
>
>      if mailComp = "ASPMail" then
>        set mailObj = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")
>        mailObj.FromAddress = fromAddr
>        mailObj.RemoteHost  = smtpServer
>        mailObj.ReplyTo = replyTo
>        for each addr in Split(recipients, ",")
>          mailObj.AddRecipient "", Trim(addr)
>        next
>        mailObj.Subject = subject
>        mailObj.ContentType = "text/html"
>        mailObj.BodyText = body
>        if not mailObj.SendMail then
>          SendMail = "Email send failed: " & mailObj.Response & "."
>        end if
>     end if

I believe you can not have a blank recipient field. Try this instead:

        for each addr in Split(recipients, ",")
          mailObj.AddRecipient Trim(addr), Trim(addr)
        next
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys

Blatant Plug: Cool Jazz for a hot summer,
     http://LisaMarie.Baratta.com