[thelist] Size doesn't matter?

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Sun Jul 8 16:17:24 CDT 2001

I've been facing a dilemma lately.  I do a lot of work on my "day job" for a
major e-commerce site.  I agree personally with most of what I read on evolt
(and disagree publicly with the rest), and I share core fundamental
philosophies with the major evolt contributors I wonder, though,  how
relevant this stuff is to the work I do daily.  I constantly fight the
battles for usability, graceful degradation, liquid designs, etc. against
"branding", "It looks wrong on my machine", "move it up one pixel", blah,
blah, blah 'til my ears bleed..

It seems most of what I read here are from free-lancers, or working for
small websites.  Are there others out there who work for the big boys?
Yahoo, CNN, AOL, MSN?  I would like to know if there are others in this
group who are fighting the same battles we all are, but for companies with
over 1 million page views/day?

I am.  I fight.  Am I alone in the corporate world?

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com

--If Fuseware got 1000 page views a day, we'd have to sell blood to pay for
our server.  Sometimes, I worry that evolt is getting too busy so I'll have
to sell blood for the email. That's why I can't read cf-tak.