[thelist] Re:Windows XP / IE 6 and style sheets (Scott Brady)

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Mon Jul 9 08:58:53 CDT 2001

Jacob wrote:

> did you happen to try to find an update to IE 6

There's no update as of yet.  When I installed XP, I chose the "Dynamic
Update" option, which means it looks for updates to the software before
installation, so I would hope I got the latest one.

There is a WinXP update available, but it was having problems installing it
(even though I have the right build for that update).

Brian wrote:

> I have been using IE 6 for a few months now and have not had any problem
> with web pages, such as you mention.
> What is the version number?  Did you check the options to make sure you
have
> not set up something funky?

I checked all the options to see if something was different upon
installation.  Nothing font/CSS related has changed.  The version is
6.0.2505.0000.main.010626-1514 (whew!), so it appears to be a version of
June 26 (010626 is the date I assume).

Maybe it's just a difference in rendering I have to get used to.

Thanks anyway.

Scott