[thelist] prev and next [ Anthony Baratta]

Kevin Raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 9 11:50:33 CDT 2001

I appreciate your quick response.

I tried the approach you mention but haven't been able to make it
work.

var maxPages = 5;
var ind=0
 function next(){
 if(ind<thepages.length && thepages.length!>maxPages){
 top.main.location=thepages[ind+1]
 ind++
  }
}

the error as reported: expected closing bracket
if(ind<thepages.length && thepages.lengt  "closing bracket" h!>maxPages){
How can it expect a closing bracket in the middle of the work length?

Also tried this but it loads page 3 and then stops
function next(){
for(i=0; i<thepages.length-2; i++){
top.main.location.href=thepages[i]
}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually have one other item that is got me bugged.
This link points at two versions of the same code.

The first example won't navigate back to page one but the
second one will.
The only difference that I can see is that the folders are constructed
different. One is using a flat folder setup and the other is using
folders three deep. The easy answer is to put all the files into one
folder, But the number of files involved makes it exceedingly difficult
to keep track of everything.

I setup the first folder two emulate my websites layout for one demo and
in the second demo I used a flat file approach. No Folders!

Can you tell me why one works and the other doesn't?
http://home.netcom.com/~krr/navigation/

If you can add any insight I would really appreciate it!

Thank You
Kevin