[thelist] [fwd] Photoshop 6.0

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 9 14:13:51 CDT 2001

> From: "DEBBIE BARNES"
<DBARNES at FRIENDSOFTHEFAMILY.ORG>

> Okay folks, sorry but this is a "beginner's question" (and yes, I hear
> your sighs).  I want to teach myself Photoshop (i'm TIRED of
> Publisher).

just a note, MS Publisher is desktop-publishing app, a really low-
level version of PageMaker, for example... Photoshop is a raster
editor, meaning you can push pixels, but don't expect to generate
the company newsletter from it...

if your goal is to output print work, look at something like
Macromedia FreeHand, Adobe Illustrator, or Corel Draw... any of
those can do well above what you need Publisher to do, and are
moer than capable of acting like desktop-publishing apps...

Photoshop, however, is a natural if you want to work images for
web and print... if you just want to do web image work, consider
Macromedia Fireworks, JASC PaintShop Pro, Corel PhotoPaint,
etc... although they can all do limited work to support print work as
well...

> Can someone please tell me the best web site to find Photoshop 6
> Tutorials for Idiots (that being me).  Would really appreciate it.

in addition to the links offered up, the manual itself has some great
tutorials (yes, reading the manual is actually useful for once), and
the Lyris Photoshop list is pretty good, although the same
questions get asked over and over on a monthly (or so) cycle...