[thelist] using ActiveX to load.exe files from a web page

Kevin Raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 10 13:50:05 CDT 2001

> Bizarre -- The internal browser works but the standard browser does not.
> I created a small mock up for test purposes. Can you take a look.
> I need to warn you thou, The file size is 290kb's.
>
> Included in this zip file are two executables that run a slide show.
> I used the plugin from ACDSee called "FotoAngelo" to create these slide
> shows. Nothing harmful is in there. Of course asking anyone to trust an
> unknown person and run an .executable file is asking allot. But this is
the
> same activeX issue that you have helped me with from the beginning.

http://home.netcom.com/~krr/activeXtest/

I apoligize for the 404 message. For some reason my website, "freebie" won't
allow
me to download zip files. I have to link to the file and then download the
from there
If you use the link above you can download the file by choosing it from a
list of items.

The one in question is:
     activeXtest.zip

The other question that was asked was whether or not this would run from a
CD?

Yes I plan to burn all my files to CD and run them from the machine.
There are no download constraints or security measures that need to be taken
into consideration.

If you could take a look at the files and advise me on any possible course
of action
I would really appreciate it.

Thank You
Kevin