[thelist] Privacy Policy?

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Tue Jul 10 14:00:21 CDT 2001

At 7/10/2001 12:41 PM, you wrote:

>Does anyone have a good example/source of a privay policy for a website.
>We do virtually no tracking of individual users, no cookies.
>
>We do collect information through a guestbook (name, email address and we
>have an e-commerce solution through yahoo where we collect information that
>is sales based (CC#, etc.)

Malcolm,

That's a good start right there.

Clearly state that you do not use cookies or track individual users. Then
state what information you do collect, where, and what you will do with
that information.

A good reference for creating a privacy policy is viewing policies of major
sites, eg Amazon, Yahoo. And check www.truste.org, specifically here -
http://www.truste.org/bus/pub_resourceguide.html

regards.
-marc