[thelist] Another request for a critique -- please, please, please

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 11 10:11:11 CDT 2001

> From: Rachell Coe <rachell at coeville.com>
[...]
> I am close to completion of a prototype design for my site, and before
> I went any further I felt I better get a critique of what I have so
> far.  http://www.bluhand.com/demo1.htm I'm really interested in
> hearing feedback on the color scheme, and the overall layout.

- color's not bad...

- the leftmost of the four icons just says 'burger and drink' to me...
what helps it is the icon to its right on the same level, it looks like
fries... otherwise, are the icons related to the text images on the
left? they look it from layout relative to each other (They're both
staggered the same way), but that's about it...

- the quote in the upper right seems a bit heavy...

- the text next to the logo seems too blurry and messy, i'm
assuming it's a function of .jpg compression for demo purposes
only...

> Just so you know, the content will be white in the blue area at the
> bottom. When finished, the design will stretch to fill the screen, and
> the icons will be rollovers that will activate the menu in the
> stripes.  I'm still not sure about what to do with my contact info, so
> I just stuck it next to the logo for now.  Also, I'm thinking of doing
> something better with quote -- any ideas?

won't white text on a white page penalize it in search engines?

are you gonna use CSS to color the text and the box, so older
browsers will see legible text?  or font tags and bgcolors?  doesn't
matter, just curious...

what *is* that one icon?