[thelist] Email Newsletter Graphics

Hershel Robinson hershelsr at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 10:18:43 CDT 2001

> each of which is now around 50K. If you're sending out only 1000 emails,
> you've just increased the amount of data your mailserver has to move by
> ~40Mb.

I failed to mention this is not a newsletter.  It's one letter at a time,
kind of like greeting cards one user sends to his friend.

> Ya, this is a very good point.. I guess it depends on the type of
> newsletter one is sending out. I would imagine that the HTML newsletter
> would convey some information other than the pictures. Hopefully some
> text is included and the user can get a general idea of what you're
> trying to get accross.

With this particular project, the image is everything, i.e. the greeting
card idea.

> oy! tell me about it :) Most anyone can compose HTML emails if they
> choose to do so.. When you start talking MIME, eyes tend to glaze over
> for most :)

Is there anyone on this Evolt list that has any experience/success with
embedding an image on a MIME email?

-Hershel