[thelist] pseudo-class selectors (css problem)

Stan Haskins sehaskins at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 11 13:00:31 CDT 2001

I'm having no luck assigning different properties to two different sets of
links on a single page using an external style sheet.

in the html document, I've got a set of links nested inside <div
class="nav"> tags.
The "nav" class obviously has a different set of properties which all work
fine, except for the links. Here's what I have in my style sheet:
a:link {color:#ff0;}
a:visited {color:#ccc;}
a:hover {color:#000; font-style:italic;}
a:active {color:#fff;}

a.nav:link {color:#0f0;}
a.nav:visited {color:#000;}
a.nav:hover {color:#000; font-style:italic;}
a.nav:active {color:#000;}