[thelist] any possible way to launch an IE browser window usi ng vb , auto run shell, etc...

Kevin Raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 11 15:51:19 CDT 2001

I appreciate all the feed back.

I have a few leads that suggested using Vb to find the
IE exe file and then load it using another Vb request.

The sources that are suggested are:
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/browse/csidl.htm

Once you have the path to program files, use the SearchTreeForFile looking
> for iexplore.exe ..
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/fileapi/searchtree4file.htm.  This should
> return a string something like c:\program files\internet

 From there, its a simple Shell call if you need minimal control, or you
can
> use CreateProcess for a bit more flexibility.
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/fileapi/browserstart.htm shows how to start
> separate instances of the default browser, but armed with the path and
> filename for IE, that could easily be substituted in this demo's code.

They don't look simple, But they do look like a very valuable resource and
something worth learning. If anyone out there has the time to help me work
thru
this I would really appreciate it.

NOTE: I have requested help in another forum so that I don't overload the
desk
of anyone individual.

Thank You
Kevin