[thelist] fixing urls in dreamweaver templates

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Jul 11 18:06:05 CDT 2001

At 4:45 AM 7/11/1, Damien Cola wrote:
> that's what I want in ANY page I create from the template, WHEREEVER I
> create them in the site structure: <a href="myfile.htm">
> "myfile.htm" can exist in the same folder of the newly created page or not
> exist, that should not matter.

Hmm... if this is "How can I create a document-relative link to a dependent
GIF within a template master?" then that's a little trickier than using a
site-relative link, because instances of this template can be create
anywhere in the site structure, and so you may actually end up referring to
*different* files of similar name in different locations of different
instances!

(The location of a template master has no intrinsic relation to where all
its various template instances may be, and so it's difficult to specify a
document-relative location in the template master itself.)

If this is instead closer to "How can I create a document-relative link to
a dependent GIF within a template *instance*?" then it's pretty much a
clear shot, although your editable region would need to be able to contain
an IMG for sure.

I may have pulled the wrong question from the above description, though...?

(Or did you already get what you wanted? I paged through the screens of the
message a few times, and get the sense this may be an academic issue now,
but I'm not positive...?)

jd