[thelist] Smart DB Development (request)

Warrick Wilson (Avignon Reg'd Kennels) warrickw at avignonkennels.com
Wed Jul 11 19:02:22 CDT 2001

I'd add a request to allow a *preferred* name.  I go by my middle name, yet
so many systems insist on using my first name/surname combination to address
me.  Many other people might have "Charles" but prefer "Chuck".

I must admit, I've never run across a system where FirstName fields were
allowed to be NULL...  Interesting thought, as I'm designing a database
right now that will eventually require name information.

Warrick
warrickw at avignonkennels.com