[thelist] Email Newsletter Graphics

Schaz schaz at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 11 22:41:00 CDT 2001

At 04:53 AM 12/07/01, Martin wrote:
>This applies to text emails too btw...
>
>And yes, I've almost killed a server that way through
>announcing a phone book launch on an intranet via a 20,000
>user email. The email was sent out overnight with agreement
>from the network guys, but we didn't think about the resulting
>clickthrough.

on one contract I was on (at an education dept) the Premier advertised that
free tickets to the Goodwill Games were avail for all school children on a
first-come-first-served basis (via a form on our website) - oh boy did we
have fun over that one - the poor customer service boys didn't know what
hit them, the server kept on having major hiccups - and in the end it was
decided that it was NEVER going to be done again!

)O(
Giggles & Moonbeams
Schaz

- Get a taste for religion, Lick a Witch!

Please click on the sites below - they need your help!
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
http://www.thehungersite.com
http://www.therainforestsite.com
http://www.thekidsaidssite.com