[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

evolt@spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Thu Jul 12 10:26:44 CDT 2001

i seriously missed my crank start car when i bought my second car, which had
to be pushed to start it. (yes, i did eventually buy a car with a decent
battery so i could key-start it)

if i didn't control my own economy, and had to drive older used cars, i'd
take the one with the crank start every single time. yes, it was ugly (ugly
ugly) but it was usable.

i haven't heard anyone saying that every website must degrade for every
browser. what i keep hearing is that, with a minimal extra effort, most
sites can be made to degrade gracefully for most browsers, and that you
should genuinely know your audience before making this business, not
technical, decision.

check up on those holier than thou posters like aardvark and martin. they
may actually know what they're talking about.

spinhead