[thelist] CDONTS & SMTP - Aaarrgh!

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Thu Jul 12 15:07:15 CDT 2001

>> that the mail
>> >does not leave the 'Pickup' folder for it's intended
>> destination. This is
>
>um, is the service started? (silly, I know, but) --Mail should be picked
>up immediately and if it can't be sent, it goes to the \Queue directory.
>Do you have your email address set up to receive copies of NDR's? Do you
>have logging turned on? What does it say?
>
>sgd

I'm having the same problem with my ASP mail - I rushed in to my server room to
check on the permissions of the pickup folder and made sure that IUSR had change
access. I checked the IPs allowed to relay (all IPs in our class C license) and
am stumped. The SMTP service is running, according to the Control Panel, but in
MMC the default SMTP site is stopped (and won't start up at all - I'm getting a
"Service takes too long to start" message). Could this be part of the problem?

Robin Hastings
Public Computer Center Coordinator
hastingsr at mrrl.org
(573) 634-6064 x242