[thelist] CDONTS & SMTP - Aaarrgh! SOLVED

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Thu Jul 12 15:44:05 CDT 2001

Acck!

After much scratching of heads and gnashing of teeth...the solution...

We (quite by accident, I assure you) checked Services in the Control Panel of the server and lo' and behold even tho' the MMC said the SMTP server was running, Services revealed that M$ SMTP Service was in fact not running. Thanks M$, for being so easy to understand and troubleshoot...not.

Thanks all!

Jay Blanchard
Web Developemnt Mgr.
Thermon Industries, Inc.
1.800.820.HEAT x327

<tip type="Microsoft NT & IIS" Author="J Blanchard">
Either as a first resort or last resort when working with a Windows server, open the Services application in the control panel so that you can identify those services which are running or not. The application has an "at a glance" view that will allow you to pick out service problems quickly.
</tip>