[thelist] TabIndex and Browser Support...

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jul 13 15:25:01 CDT 2001

Howdy...

Does NN 4.x support tabindex? Or does the whole form need to conform to the
tabindex schema before it works?

I have a small form we have embeding dynamically on a page. e.g. New User,
they get the sign up button, returning user (via cookie check) show login
form, logged in user (via session object) show logout button. We also have
the login form's user's name be the default focus of the page when it's
visible.

Everything is hunky-dory with IE, with and with out the TabIndex attribue,
but with Netscape even if I add the TagIndex attribute to the Input
Type=Text(#1)/Password(#2) tags, Netscape jumps to an href link next after
you hit tab while in the Username field.

Thought, ideas, flames of nuclear death?
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys

Blatant Plug: Cool Jazz for a hot summer,
     http://LisaMarie.Baratta.com