[thelist] Choosing app for View Source from IE

Matthew Koundakjian mattrix at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 13 19:59:09 CDT 2001

What's the best/simplest way to control what app is called when "View
Source" is used from IE 5?  No matter what I've tried, it ends up in
Notepad rather than an editor of my choice.  I'm about ready to rename
Textpad as Notepad ....

There was an executable that'd redirect to Textpad but I'd like to be able
to get pages to come up in whatever program I choose.

In the Internet Options, HTML editor is set to Netscape Navigator....

I also went through the registry and changed whatever I could think to
while searching for notepad.