[thelist] information architecture & visio -- mindmapping software

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Sat Jul 14 00:48:48 CDT 2001

This is exactly the package I used about 6 months ago I think.

Yes you could do sort of the same thing with an applet, but this is pretty
flexible, and it's already written for you. And YES, you can start by
outlining your presentation or plan or project, then it creates the
graphical map for you, or vice-versa. Plus, when you're done, you can move
all of the elements around a la WYSIWYG and reorganize them on the fly. Also
takes links, so you can actually use it to build a (probably pretty dirty
code) page to post and do your presentation via wire.

It's really the plan-building aspect of it that works so well. But hey, as I
said, it's not the best for everything, but it's pretty handy, and makes
great intuitive sense - to me anyway.

Don't take my word for it. What do I know, anyway? Download the trial. It's
a quick, easy install and doesn't corrupt your system. Also uninstalls
easily. That's right, BASS-O-MATIC. It slices, it dices, ... oops.

BH