[thelist] RFI -- CommunityExplorer

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Sat Jul 14 10:21:08 CDT 2001

> that the 4 basic elements of marketing a product/service are:
> * Product (or service)
> * Price
> * Place (includes channel)
> * Promotion
>
> Why is it that when we're talking about site marketing, the
> last element is the one almost exclusively discussed?

Excellent point, Martin, but one I've had to make on a number of occasions
in other industries as well. It doesn't seem to be an ailment unique to this
industry for certain, although it certainly isn't hard to miss its
overabundance!

BTW, you forgot the fifth 'P' - Packaging. You know, the WRAPPER. Often left
out since it's sometimes considered part of Product, but in my mind it is
important to distinguish between the two. I enjoy the multiple meanings of
Packaging where it pertains to a web effort. Basically it's the design, but
sometimes the functionality, the architecture - wow, I'm getting all choked
up with the beauty of it all.

BH