[thelist] Swish... > Critiques

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Sat Jul 14 19:23:54 CDT 2001

I'd like to reply to one paragraph in particular:

> I dont think that yours or your clients opinions should be the final say
on
> whether or not your website 'works'. is it selling? has your client seen
> marked increase in revenue or customer satisfaction/sales since creating
the
> website? do you know which aspects of your site are working? which arent?
> shouldn't the end result and end user be the deciding factor on whether or
> not the site is effective?

I have to grin, really. Since I revised this site a few months ago, the
client's sales contacts have skyrocketed. Visitors to the site have
increased and general sales are definitely improved (from what my client
tells me). There have only been compliments from my client's clients about
the site, at least from what she tells me. The stats indicate it. The sales
do too.

Guess you can't account for taste, can you?

Of course, that's not to say that the little man entering (or leaving) the
door may just walk away completely soon. Always good to refresh a page's
appearance from time to time. But, if he walks away, he will have left
behind some dollars that weren't there before.

Sharon (<8