[thelist] Swish... > Critiques

databarn databarn at airmail.net
Sat Jul 14 23:59:14 CDT 2001

(<8Sharon,

<shrug>Did not mean to aim between the eyes - not anywhere else upon your person, for that matter - just mentioned a thing that seems not often considered by the folk that hire us to do their bidding.  'Twas assumed that any "critique" would be applied to the driving force (i.e., the paymaster) behind the site.  That said, I still have a large problem with the way some sites use colour.  Looked at yours, as invited, and don't see anything 'shuddersome', but the red/orange combo will be pretty much grey-scale for the most common of colour-blind folk.  Mind you, it looks great to me, but then I'm not a paying customer <grin!>.  (OK, it's not a "pay" site, but . . ..)

Don't know how much 'flash' is involved in your site, but download times were nice, and I _love_ the burn thing.  I work with a group of "disadvantaged" kids, and anything that moves in that direction moves me.  Is this part of a network, or just a "local" thing?  If network, I'd love to have some link/info on it.

However, back to the original complaint, that purple/white alternation is atrocious <grin>.  It may satisfy the client, may indeed be what they want, but the distraction factor is huge.  Oh, well, I'm already crispy, so a few more flames won't hurt.

Make a good day . . .
			 . . . barn
40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.