[thelist] Font Readability

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Sun Jul 15 09:38:33 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 11:37 PM 7/14/01 -0700, Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns
bequeathed such tales as these:
>At 11:28 PM 07/14/2001, rudy wrote:
>> > Any recommendations on where to find meaningful
>> > research results for on-screen font readability.
>>
>>hi bill
>>
>>HTML E-Mail: Text Font Readability Study
>>http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt6/html-email-fonts.htm
>>
>>Readability Of Websites With Various Foreground/Background Color
>>Combinations, Font Types And Word Styles
>>http://hubel.sfasu.edu/research/AHNCUR.html
>
>I'll add to Rudy's list:
>
>Cross-browser, cross-platform font issues
>(annotated links to some great resources):
><http://www.websitetips.com/design/index.html#fonts>
>
>HTH.
>
>Warmly,
>Shirley
>
>--
>Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.
>SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser at skdesigns.com
>Website Development  http://www.skdesigns.com/
>Pianist, Composer  http://www.shirleykaiser.com/
>Moderator, I-Design http://www.adventive.com/lists/idesign/summary.html
Is there a resource for character sets which will allow for
<xmp>&nbsp;</xmp> as well?  I like Verdana but it does not like the extra
space and I have clients who don't like the loss of this spacing.
Peter Kaulback