[thelist] Re: Sole Proprietor

tss24 at cornell.edu tss24 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 23 12:49:33 CDT 2001

This is the best site I've ever found on the subject.
It answered all of my questions I had when I was in
your position:

http://www.nolo.com/encyclopedia/SB_ency.html

I was in the same position as you are, and figured it
was to my benefit to not form an LLC right now, since
doing so would cost money /time that I didn't have. I'd
still lost the same amount of money to taxes, whether
as an LLC or sole propietor (about 15%). The only
benefit to LLC is limited liabiliy (ie, not suing your
personal assests) but I figured for now, I really
didn't need that quite yet.

ted