[thelist] cold fusion cookie question

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Jul 24 13:15:03 CDT 2001

rudy wrote:

> working my way through my first cookie application, i came across the
> following gem in the cold fusion docs --
>
>    DOMAIN
>    Specifies the domain for which the cookie is valid and to
>    which the cookie content can be sent. An explicitly specified
>    domain must

I agree with Chris that:

> This isn't a CF issue, looks like a cookie protocol issue.

I think the key phrase above is "explicitly specified"; if you create
a cookie with content (and optionally expires/maxage) but no specified
domain, it's up to the *client* to figure out what domain it applies
to -- hopefully the one it was received from, whatever it is :-)

FWIW!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
Webtuitive Design ---(+1) 408-938-0567 --- http://www.webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --