[thelist] ASP Help Please

Johnny Lam jlam at popcast.com
Wed Jul 25 16:44:25 CDT 2001

Bob,

Well first of all Front Page does not connect to the database. Front Page
connects you to the web server which has Front Page Extensions.

Secondly, do you mean connecting to a PostGreSQL database? I've never heard
of a Progress database before.

Lastly, depending on what operating system your web server is on, you can
determine if you need to use ASP. If its a Windows NT or 2000 then you can
use ASP for your server-side scripting otherwise you'll have to think of
using something else.