[thelist] SQL Order By Clause

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Jul 25 18:37:17 CDT 2001

> I would like to order the Item No. column in numerical order, such as
> 1,2,3,4 instead of the order it is in now, 1, 10, 100, etc.
> This field is
> text (see the end, text entries).

Whaddya doin with that field being text??

yer SOL with it being a text field, because the Order By is using an
alphanumeric sort, not a strict numerical sort.

Not sure if doing a CAST or CONVERT will get it sorted properly, but the
first thing I'd do is look into the pain of changing that field to a
numeric (if possible)....

(my quick 2 cents before bugging out to play rollerhockey)
sgd