[thelist] standards support, web typography

Jim jimmi at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 27 12:39:37 CDT 2001

I am looking for a comprehensive and detailed listing of w3c standards
support (mainly for HTML and CSS) in the various common browsers with
their version and patch level:  4.nn...5.nn...

Also am looking for any materials about typography on the web and
style/markup type control. Including typeface screenshots, various methods
with samples of size control, etc. I am already aware of Todd Fahrner's
incomplete font size interval paper. After combing evolt, the w3c, and
other parts of the web I have yet to find a comprehensive review of the
state of type control with available technologies, comparison of
typefaces, etc for doing basic research. Before I go make such a thing can
anyone recommend/send any resources on or offlist, in print or online?

If this doesn't make sense please let me know.

thank you. Jim