[thelist] Differences in capabilities of design

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 12:50:01 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I have to thank you all again for the recent information on preference in
designing software and hope that you will bare with me as I am asking more
questions about the software capabilities. Admittedly, I have to prove to my
wife why these software's are needed as opposed to what I already have since
we're for the most part going into this together.

My questions now are more specific as to what the differences are in
designing capabilities between Macromedia's Dreamweaver 4 and Microsoft's
FrontPage software. I have looked around Macromedia's site and unless I
missed it, they don't compare themselves in what one software does opposed
to the other.

I would also like to know how the graphics software such as Photoshop and
fireworks or flash compare to each other. I guess to make it a short
question, what can one do that the others can't? and what works better with
one that doesn't with the other?. If you also have some specific links to
sites that were made with any of these combinations that would be great!

Comparisons to make:

Dreamweaver 4 & FrontPage 2002(or other)

Fireworks and Photoshop(or other)

Photoshop and PSP

Thanks,
Bob