[thelist] Differences in capabilities of design

iibiz sales at iibiz.com
Fri Jul 27 14:09:15 CDT 2001

> I have to thank you all again for the recent information on preference in
> designing software and hope that you will bare with me as I am asking more
> questions about the software capabilities. Admittedly, I have to prove to
my
> wife why these software's are needed as opposed to what I already have
since
> we're for the most part going into this together.

Well, personally I use Allaire/Macromedia's Homesite and Paint Shop Pro.  If
you need more "drag and drop" interface - go for Dreamweaver!  I won't take
up everyone's time bashing FrontPage, but I've been doing this for 4 years
and had to "tweek" a few FrontPage sites - not fun.

Photoshop is by far the "Cadillac" of graphic tools, carrying a pretty steep
price tag.  I've used Paint Shop Pro all along (much cheaper) but still a
hell of a tool and can produce impressive results.

Flash is in a category all by itself.  That's for fancy animations and
dynamic multimedia sites.  Nice tool, but does not replace Photoshop or PSP.

Take a look at my site, and portfolio www.iibiz.com - that site as well as
all the sites in the portfolio were made with Homesite, PSP and a little bit
of Flash.

Good luck,

Sandy