[thelist] Web Hosting Companies - Recommendations/Comments

Melody Kerchhoff mel at kingsley.co.za
Sat Jul 28 09:22:30 CDT 2001

Hello Listlings,

I am investigating International Web Hosting companies for my clients and
wonder if any of you have used Nova hosting www.novahosting.com or
ExpertHost www.experthost.com (used to be i-wiz I think) If you have, can
you recommend them? If you know of any other good hosting companies in North
America who deal with international clients, I'd be really pleased to hear
about them, especially if they have a referral or reseller program that
works for internationals. I am in South Africa, so obviously the Dollar
hosting cost is a factor as our exchange rate is currently more than R8 to
$1 ... quite, quite, quite horrific when you think that when I was a child
(not that long ago :) you only needed 50c to buy $1 and I am sure it is
getting worse even as we speak. But I am getting off topic and I don't have
a tip ... eeek.

The reason I am looking at North American hosting is that a number of my
clients' web sites appeal to an international audience and I am trying to
provide faster page loading for international surfers. We have very slow
pipes crossing the big pond from down here!! Any recommendations from other
parts of the globe will also be gratefully received.

I had a brief look in the evolt archives as I know this has been discussed
before and came across some recommendations. However, I am particularly
interested to hear from non-US and non-Canadians who have used these
services, although Americans and Canadians are welcome to respond. Please
will you indicate your country of residence when you reply.

Thank you,
Melody