[thelist] Best Way to Make a Forum

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 20:44:09 CDT 2001

Database, for sure.  SQL Server will work flawlessly
with several hundred connections
searching/viewing/posting thousands of messages if the
ASP code is written well.  Of course, most sites won't
have but a few connections at any one time if the
connections are properly opened and closed.

The main concern will be how well your code is
written.

I have over 100 forums running on one web server and
one dedicated SQL server, storing over 200,000
messages serving over 2 million data-driven pages a
month, with no problems and it's quite responsive.

But this is using code I've written from the ground up
and have modified or fine tuned over the last couple
years.