[thelist] Web Hosting Companies - Recommendations/Comments

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Mon Jul 30 09:33:02 CDT 2001

I've been on ExpertHost for 2 years, and currently have 10 sites on their
servers. I have had very good experiences with them. Extremely competitive
rates, customer service second to none, and services for just about anything
you need. Down time has been minimal to non-existent: maybe once or twice in
two years, and only on two domains. They are very easy to work with and
rarely say NO when I ask for something.

I read about other people's nightmares with hosting and always count my
blessings that I don't have to deal with that stuff. I spend about $75 a
month on ten domains with all of the bells and whistles. One of the domains
holds nearly 400 MB. We host a radio station's site there and stream a
significant amount of on-demand audio via http and realmedia from their
servers without flaw. We also run a somewhat active PHP/MySQL forum from
there. They offer NT and/or Unix/Linux. FTP only - no telnet - this has been
my only complaint.

I'm pretty partial to them as you can guess. Highly recommended.

BH