[thelist] Random value between 1 and x with SQL Server 2K

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Mon Jul 30 11:39:52 CDT 2001

Hi Guy,

FWIW - You may be correct.  Not all "random" functions are!

RonL.

(Who, once upon a time, tested the seven different "random" functions that
came with the standard Fortran package on a Honeywell mainframe ... and
found that only two were actually "random".  {Three of us did the testing;
one of us had a Master's degree in Math, the other two had Master's degrees
in Statistics -- we knew "random"!})