[thelist] 1 pixel gif

Ellen Cotton jellenc at ionet.net
Tue Jul 31 10:12:02 CDT 2001

About 2 years ago I created a homepage for a business in
Dallas. At that time they were running Linux on their
server. All was well until recently when their server
crashed and they decided to upgrade to the latest version
of Linux Red Hat. Now the one pixel gif that I used previously
shows a broken icon in every place that it is used. I
used it in conjunction with the vspace tag. It still seems to
be spacing everything as intended but shows as a broken icon.
Nothing has changed in the code on these pages. Everything is
in the same directory on their server. All other gif's &
jpg's show as intended...only this transparent 1 pixel gif
is acting strange. I uploaded a known good copy of the gif
again, but to no avail. I'm using this 1 pixel gif on other
homepages with no problems, all works fine.

Figure it must have something to do with
Linux but since I know so little about Linux I have no idea
of what is causing this. Anyone out there have any ideas?
I'm completely puzzled!

......Ellen