[thelist] Having a problem with a darn td background image not repeating!!!

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 31 12:23:13 CDT 2001

> From: "Rachell Coe" <rachell at coeville.com>
>
> I originally sent this post yesterday, and then it seemed evolt was
> down because I didn't get another post the rest of the day (either

nope, i got it... evolt was holding and filtering mail because one of
those Sircam viruses made it past one of the guys who normally
deletes that stuff.... *i* think he was testing us...

the fact that you seemed to have posted this as a reply to 'RE:
[thelist] Looking for a poll' i think caused it to get filtered, so i
almost missed it this time... if yer gonna do that, at least trim the
footers and old message, although sending it as a new message is
*always* preferred...

> http://www.bluhanddesign.com/Services.htm
>
> I have tried the following to remedy the problem (none of which have
> worked):
> -- Made the background graphic longer.

nope, all i have to do is resize, and whatever you guessed is
wrong... it's not that cell anyway, it's the cell above it that doesn't
have it... cut it back to what it was...

> -- Added the background graphic to all of the cells above it.

there's only one cell above it (the cell holding the table holding the
hand), and i'd add it there (using CSS to start)... then i'd make sure
the nested table holding the hand has all its bg properties defined
to cover it as necessary... especially since we all know about NN's
bg bug...

> -- Placed a spacer gif in the cell that is giving me the problem
> with a height set to 100%.

nope, that won't do it... in fact, % sizes in images often show up as
busted in NN4.x...

> -- Added text to the cell to see if that would stretch it out.

that's not it, though, it's the cell above it, and it won't shrink to
exactly the table size its holding because it has no reason to...

> -- Inserted a single cell table into the problem cell with a width and
> height of 100% and the background image set into the td tag.

did you get the right cell?  turn the table borders on, and i think you
may have inserted into the cell that's got the bg in it...

> -- Took out any spaces separating the table tags.

should have no effect...

> -- Set the table above it (as well as the cell) to the exact
> height needed.

that'll get ignored...

> After all this, I'm at my wits end and could really use your help --
> does anyone have any ideas what the trouble it?

as above...