[thelist] my defined function is giving me an Undefined Function error

Nnicky Nicky nicky411 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 11:35:48 CDT 2001

Hello,
I created a form that has buttons. The buttons have
OnClick values and the values call functions (using
javascript). For example
Onclick="javascript:refreshData()". When I load the
page and press the button, both IE and Netscape say
there is an error. I debugged the page using Netscape
and it says the function refreshData is undefined. I
combed through every line of each of my three
functions. I don't see a problem. The only thing that
may be causing the problem are my global variables
that I declared in the page. I don't think those
should be a problem. I also want to note that the
global variables defined are used to access the
database on the local server + some of the data from
the db return values 'undefined' 'null' but they are
converted to string values.  Do you have any
suggestions on what the problem could be?